Burgers and beer are a match made in heaven!
If you don’t believe us, just ask your grandpa—he’ll tell you that burgers and beer have been paired together forever: They just work! Whether a juicy cheeseburger or a classic Juicy Lucy, there’s nothing like biting into something mouthwatering and delicious while sipping on a cold one.
Here at Crooked Pint Ale House, we’ve taken this pairing to new heights by providing the best beer selection with burgers that make your taste buds dance in delight. From our wide selection of craft beers to our burgers, we’re committed to providing the familiar experience you’ve come to expect from your favorite restaurant.
This blog post will take you through some of our favorite beer styles and how they pair perfectly with our burgers. Because if there’s one thing we love more than beer and burgers… it’s pairing them up!
How To Pair Burgers And Beer
The burger and beer pairing guide is here. You’ve probably heard about it, but if not, it’s the idea that burgers go well with certain kinds of beer. It’s a fun experiment to try at home or a bar with friends.
Here are different types of burgers and some tips on how to do it:
A Classic Burger is all about the meat, so go for a beer with lots of flavors. Try something like a classic pilsner or a German lager. The bitterness from the hops will cut through the fat in your burger and give you balance in your meal.
Savory Burger – Think Jucy Lucy!
A savory burger has lots of toppings, so you want something crisp and refreshing to wash them out. You could try an American pale ale or an IPA that isn’t too hoppy. Alternatively, go for something like a witbier because it has notes of citrus that will complement the flavors in your burger without overpowering them too much.
A burger needs something that can stand up to its heat while complementing it. A good choice here would be an imperial stout or double IPA because these beers have lots of hops that will balance out any spice from your burger and add another layer of flavor on top of it all!
WHY ARE BURGERS & BREWS A FAVORITE?
Burgers and beer are a match made in heaven. The combination of meat, cheese, bread, and condiments makes for a delicious meal everyone can enjoy. It’s no wonder so many people pair burgers with beer.
Here are some reasons why this pairing is such a classic:
- Beer is refreshing on hot days. On hot summer days, when you need something refreshing to cool off with after eating a big burger, nothing beats a cold beer!
- Beer makes burgers juicier, tenderizing the meat and adding saltiness to enhance its flavor.
- Carbonation cleanses your palate between bites of juicy beef patties and crunchy toppings like lettuce leaves.*
- Carbonation also softens the bun, so it doesn’t crack when you bite into it (and let’s face it—we all want to keep our buns level when eating a burger).
- Beer is refreshing! It helps cut through the rich flavors of beef, cheese, and other toppings on your burger so that you don’t feel overwhelmed by them after one bite.
- Beer is just plain delicious! It allows us to enjoy our burgers while keeping them in perspective: they’re tasty treats that shouldn’t be eaten every day (or even every week).
Grab your friends, grab your beer, and get ready to enjoy the ultimate burger & beer pairing.
We know that you’ll love our Juicy Lucy, so stop by any of our locations today—we’d love to serve you! If you can’t make it in person, just order online!